Above all, its design is portable and offers more advantages over larger canister and upright vacuum cleaners. Backpack-style vacuums are known for their portability, efficiency in removing dust, and maneuverability. To find the best backpack vacuum cleaner, you need to research a lot, and we have done it for you.
These vacuum cleaners are available in corded and cordless versions. Primarily, these types of vacuum cleaners are used commercially, but they are becoming famous for household use nowadays. The critical point of backpack vacuums is they are five-time more efficient than ordinary vacuums. Not only this but also they are comfortable to use and operate quietly other than upright or canister vacuums.
If you go to the market to buy such types of vacuums, there are various vacuums available, and it can confuse you which one you should buy. In this article, we have researched and finalized the top eight vacuum cleaners for your easiness. We hope this review might help you select the best backpack vacuum to fulfill your needs. So, let’s move to the detailed review of these top machines.
1) ProTeam Commercial Backpack Vacuum- Multi Surface Vacuum
Features that we like:
- Comes with a powerful motor that is great for cleaning hard floors, stairs, carpets, and upholstery, etc.
- The filter having a capacity of 10-quart provides maximum cleaning ability that is three times more than an upright vacuum.
- Featured with 4 levels advanced HEPA filtration system and it is certified from Carpet and Rug Institute(CRI)
- Includes multiple accessories like Xover multi-surface tool, upholstery tool, dust brush, and 2-piece wand to tackle the hard surfaces
- Comes with an 1108 w/120v/9.9A and perfect cleaner for public places like halls, convention centers, etc.
If you are looking for a vacuum cleaner that will improve indoor air quality and lung health, then the ProTeam Commercial Backpack Vacuum is a great choice. The vacuum cleaner comes with a cleaning solution for each type of surface. This vacuum cleaner is considered one of the best backpack vacuum cleaners due to cleaning versatile surfaces and purifying the air in your home and other areas.
Furthermore, this cleaner features an 1108-watt motor for powerful suction, a dust capacity of ten quarts, and an extra-long cord having a length of 50 feet. Moreover, it has two micro HEPA filters and filtration at four levels that eliminate 99% of dust particles as small as 0.3 microns. As for power, when it comes to suction, the cleaner has 123 CFM airflow and an 81-inch of water lift. Overall, it’s a comfortable unit that distributes weight to the legs and core for comfort.
2) Atrix VACBP1 HEPA Backpack Vacuum- Ergonomic Backpack Vacuum
Features that we like:
- The vacuum cleaner has dimensions of 12″ x 9″ x 20″.
- Comes with the 8-quart HEPA filter that captures the tiny dust particles efficiently.
- Lightweight backpack vacuum has the weight of just 10.3 lbs to easily carry it and convert right to left hand conveniently.
- Has 106 CFM output, and it can also be converted to a blower having a set of 3 blower nozzles.
- Comes with a powerful 1400 Wat/ 12 Amp/ 120 Volts motor for high suction power.
- Includes multiple attachments like a 6′ hose, crevice tool, HEPA bag, exhaust filter cover, and many other valuable tools.
Having a powerful motor and cost-effectiveness, the Atrix VACBP1 HEPA Backpack Vacuum is a perfect choice for you. This model has a compact design, adjustable fit, and many accessories to clean your home better without any extra cost. The vacuum cleaner is featured with a 1400-watt motor that has an output of 106 CFM for powerful suction. Moreover, you will be shocked to know that this cleaner can be used for pest control.
To provide better air quality, the vacuum has four-level filtration. Also, it includes an eight-quart HEPA filter bag that safely picks up small harmful particles like allergens and bacteria. Moreover, it comes with an adjustable belt loop that doubles up the storage to keep the accessories, including the package.
Additionally, it’s a lightweight vacuum weighing just 10.3-pound, and you can easily switch the vacuum to a left or right operation according to your handedness. Overall, having multiple accessories for better cleaning, it’s a great deal at such a cost.
3) Sanitaire EURSC412B Backpack Vacuum- Quiet Lightweight Vacuum
Features that we like:
- The vacuum cleaner has dimensions of 33 x 10.5 x 19 inches.
- Comes with 4-stage filtration and is approved by Carpet and Rug Institue(CRI).
- A powerful motor has 5 amperes of input and a wide assortment of 1-1/2 inches accessories to clean carpet and bare floors.
- Comes with a hose having a length of 50′ pigtail to cover hard to reach area.
- Has a weight of just 11.5 pounds that is very lightweight and easy to pick up.
Looking for a vacuum that is certified over the rest, then don’t late to get Sanitaire EURSC412B Backpack Vacuum. It meets all the requirements of LEED (Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design) and certified from CRI. It’s a marvelous machine to have. To catch deeply embedded dirt, it comes with an 11.5 amp motor. Cleaning with this vacuum cleaner is like passing a hot knife through butter.
Moreover, it does the work quietly, and you will have the best cleaning experience while cleaning with it. For better cleaning performance, it comes with many extra tools like a crevice tool, two cleaner heads, a dusting brush, and an extension wand. Talking about its performance, it works precisely as you can expect from a backpack vacuum. Additionally, it has onboard storage to keep the accessories.
4) Hoover Commercial Backpack Vacuum- Lightweight Black Vacuum
Features that we love:
- Light design that only weighs less than 10 pounds to allow you superior mobility
- Comes with an extra-long 48 foot 3-wire and quick change power cord. Through long cord switching outlets is minimal between cleans.
- Included accessories are a 6″ crevice tool, 11″ turbo floor tool, 4″ upholstery tool, and 2″ dusting brush.
- Featured with advanced material and makes less noise without disturbing the people around you
- To reduce user strain, it is featured with a chiropractor design.
The Hoover Commercial Backpack Vacuum is a super lightweight vacuum cleaner that weighs only 9.2 pounds. As it is a backpack unit, you can use it for hours without noticing anything on your back. Moreover, it has approved harness and chiropractor design. And its comfort is unmatched. Having an extra-long cord up to 48 feet, you can cover a larger area without switching outlets while cleaning.
Furthermore, its striking feature is that it’s a quiet device. It means you can use it in the office or any other public hall without interfering with any activity. It has a bin having a capacity of 6.4-quart for the purpose of long cleaning sessions. Though, the capacity is not large enough but still suitable for most cleaning tasks.
Moreover, the bag can be reused, and it reduces the maintenance cost. To provide better air quality, it comes with a HEPA filter that captures dust particles and allergens as small as 0.3 microns. Overall, it’s easier to maintain, cheaper and lighter.
5) ProVac FS 6 Commercial Backpack Vacuum- ProTeam Backpack Vacuums
Features that we love:
- Industrial level backpack vacuum with valuable accessories to clean carpets, hard floors, and many other things like furniture.
- Comes with an extra-long cord having a length of 50 foot that allows you to clean a large area without unplugging it.
- Four-level advanced HEPA filtration to capture particles as small as 0.3 microns with 99.9% accuracy.
- It has additional padding for maximum comfort with an adjustable FlexFit harness during long periods of cleaning.
Why we picked ProVac FS 6 Commercial Backpack Vacuum in our list? Because this vacuum has a slew of features that makes it unneglectable. The backpack cleaner has an adjustable harness that can fit all short and tall people. It has different holes, and you can attach the upper harness to any hole that works better for you. Moreover, to deliver better air quality, it has four-level HEPA filtration that cleans the air with 99% of accuracy.
As for power, it has a CFM of 159 that makes it a mighty machine. Having such a crazy power, it is still a quiet unit having a sound level at 65db, and you can clean those areas where silence is paramount. Moreover, to cover a larger area, it comes with an extra-long cord having a length of 50 feet. Overall, this backpack vacuum is remarkable and cleans deeply with its high suction power.
6) GV 10 qt Commercial Backpack Vacuum- Lightweight Backpack Cleaner
Features that we love:
- Featured with 3 stage filtration and has 10 Quart SMS washable cloth bags. Moreover, it has 6 HEPA filtration bags.
- Comes with 110 CFM and 120 inches of water lift to clean the surface deeply. Unique and powerful deep cleaning
- Constructed with aluminum material and it’s a lightweight vacuum for super easy usage.
- Includes premium tools like a crevice tool, upholstery tools, Mini head with brush roll and duster brush, etc.
If you are searching for a backpack vacuum for cleaning pet hairs, then the GV 10 qt Commercial Backpack Vacuum will be a great choice. It sucks up the pet hair with a powered pet tool, and cleaning the pet hair from upholstery is like a walk in the park. The cleaner is built with aluminum, and it’s super lightweight, having a weight of just 11 pounds, and you can move around easily.
Moreover, it has adjustable straps, and you can adjust them according to your height. As for power, it comes with an airflow above 145CFM, and the suction of water is about 120-inches. Having a suction valve, you can adjust the suction. Adding more, its bristles are removable for cleaning different surfaces, and you can clean hard-to-reach areas easily.
7) Powr-Flite BP6S Comfort Pro Backpack Vacuum- Commercial Grade Vacuum
Features that we like:
- The quiet operation is having only a 62db sound.
- Innovative and attractive design
- Has a waist belt to fit the tools conveniently
- Ergonomic shoulder harness from Deuter to hold it on shoulders comfortably.
- Extra-large cord length up to 50 feet that are yellow colored and cord type is 18/3
If you are fag out using noisy vacuum cleaners and want a quiet machine, then Powr-Flite BP6S Comfort Pro Backpack Vacuum will be a perfect choice for you. It can be conveniently used around pets and offices without disturbing anyone. In short, it has a sound level of 62db. Moreover, it 50 feet long cord will let you clean without changing the outlet.
Furthermore, to provide comfort, it comes with ergonomic shoulders. It transfers all the weight to your core and legs while cleaning operation. As for tools, it has a slew of accessories and comes with a premium and standard tool kit. To keep the tools safe, it has a waist belt. Overall, this vacuum’s filtration is above average, and you don’t have to pay any extra amount for a bundle of accessories.
8) Makita XCV05ZX 8V X2 LXT Lithium-Ion Cleaner- Backpack Dry Vacuum
Features that we like:
- This vacuum cleaner has dimensions of 12.6 x 19.3 x 9.8 inches.
- Comes with a powerful motor that generates 53 CFM of suction power and lifts water up to 28.5.”
- Can run long up to 90 minutes continuously on low settings and lasts up to 60 minutes on high settings.
- The sound level of 7 dB means it operates quietly.
- BL brushless motor is electronically controlled to minimal usage of battery energy.
- HEPA filtration system to pick up large, small, and microparticles with up to 99% accuracy.
The Makita XCV05Z Backpack Vacuum is powered by two 18V LXT 5.0Ah Lithium-Ion batteries. It comes with a durable brushless motor that generates airflow of 53 CFM and a water lift of 28.5-inch. The motor is optimized and runs 50% longer than others on a single charge. With this unit, you don’t need to worry about adding extra extension cords.
Furthermore, it’s a lightweight unit and weighs only 9.4 pounds that makes it more portable. Its adjustable belt and padded shoulder ensure a comfortable fit and have a handheld controller that is operated with a push-button. Adding more, it lasts long up to 90 minutes with low settings and 60 minutes with high settings. Overall, it’s an excellent choice for cleaning operations at such a reasonable price.
How to select the Best Backpack Vacuums- BUYING GUIDE:
Before buying a backpack vacuum, you should prioritize the following parameters to pick up the best choice.
Dust collection bags need to empty regularly, and always check them to avoid overfilling and clogging because it can compromise the cleaner’s performance. For interrupt-free cleaning without emptying the dust bag, you need to have a large-capacity dust bag vacuum. Mostly, backpacks have large capacity dust bag because it is used commercially to cover larger areas.
Backpack vacuums come in both corded and cordless designs. For motor power, you have to note down some measurements for picking up a better choice. These are energy consumption and suction force that is calculated in Cubic Feet per Minute (CFM). CFM measures the motor’s airflow, and if it is higher, it means it has more power to clean dirt and debris.
Obviously, every vacuum’s function is cleaning, and the prominent role in this is filter. While selecting the right vacuum, the type of power and filtration system is considered the most essential factor. In this article, all vacuums have multiple filtration levels that include HEPA that is regarded as the best to clean the air. Moreover, HEPA filters remove 99.9% of dangerous particles that are sized as small as 0,3 microns.
No doubt, everyone wants a machine that makes less noise and operates without disturbing or distracting any people. All the vacuums listed above have a noise level below 70 dB. According to LEED’s requirements, it’s an ideal noise level and less than a dishwasher’s sound.
Weight is an important factor to consider because you have to carry it on the shoulders. A lightweight backpack vacuum will be easy to carry, and it will improve portability and maneuverability on different types of surfaces. Almost all of the vacuums listed above have a weight of fewer than 14 pounds that is an ideal weight to carry.
What are Backpack Vacuum Cleaners?
This type of vacuum cleaners is like canister vacuums designed to sit on your back like backpacks. Through this, it shifts the weight from your hands to your legs and core to let you feel comfortable. They are intended to provide easiness and mobility.
How do I Maintain a Backpack Vacuum?
The main thing to maintain the cleaner is a filter. Check it, and clean the filter, or change it if it’s possible. Check out the seals are in working condition, and No clogs in the hose. Moreover, you should keep an eye on the cleaning of vacuum for better performance.
Are Backpack vacuums noisy?
No, most of this type of vacuums comes with the limited noise level, and maximum sound in the above list is 70 dB. This limit is less than a dishwasher’s sound and according to LEED’s requirements.
Do all backpacks work on the carpet?
Not all of them work on carpet, especially on high pile carpets. Mostly, they are best for hard floors. Generally, these vacuums are designed to use commercially and the high suction power. High suction power is dangerous for carpets because it can damage the rugs of soft carpets.
Do I need to change filters?
It all depends on the model of vacuum and filter. If it has a washable micro-cloth filter, then it can be reused for years by washing it after a period of time. Otherwise, you have to change the filter.
Wrapping it, the backpack vacuums are gaining popularity day by day due to their lightweight and ease of picking up. Meanwhile, these types of cleaners are best for commercial and industrial cleaning. Since you have got the info of some best backpack vacuum cleaners, we hope you are close to finalizing your pick. The right vacuum cleaner will make your home lush and allergens-free.
So after featuring all the products, we hope you have picked the choice. But if not done yet, we will recommend you to have ProTeam Commercial Backpack Vacuum. It’s certified by CRI and deals significantly with hard floors as well as carpets. The other choice is Makita XCV05ZX 8V X2 LXT Lithium-Ion Cleaner for powerful deep cleaning.